Subscribe / Follow Me

09 June 2010

Authors, ARCs and Galleys, Oh My!

Attending My First BEA

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting about BEA '10. I know, it's already been two weeks since the event ended, but I had a lot to take in and wanted to get my words just right. So here goes...

Like most people, I went into BEA armed with a schedule. Discounting my complete inability to do anything without making a list first, there were some author signings I just did not want to miss, so I came prepared.


WEDNESDAY: The very first ARC I picked up was the highly anticipated sequel to Incarceron, Sapphique, by Catherine Fisher. I am really looking forward to reading this book. Incarceron was incredible and I was excited to be able to snag an ARC of Sapphique. Throughout the rest of the day, I was able to get copies of Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's Beautiful Darkness, Lauren Oliver's Delirium, Diana Peterfreund's Ascendant, and Daniel Nayari's Another Pan, just to name a few. My final pick of the day was Kody Keplinger's The DUFF I had no prior knowledge of this book, but it was listed on the BEA website as a "buzzed book" so I figured I'd check it out. I'm so glad I did! I started reading The DUFF last night and it is great.
 
THURSDAY: Looking back on my schedule for Thursday, I realize now that most of the signings I had written down, I completely missed.  I kinda just went with the flow, wondered around and picked up whatever seemed interesting.  On Wednesday, I was so focused on not missing an autographing, that I didn't have a chance to really look at the booths and exhibits.  Thursday was different and because of this I found out Alyson Noel (who wasn't listed on the BEA website as an appearing author) was doing signing of Radiance, her yet-to-be released novel featuring Riley, the younger sister of Ever, the main character in her Immortals series.  I was even able to snap a picture with her despite the long line.

Later Thursday afternoon, I stopped at the autographing tables to get Beth Kephart's Dangerous Neighbors, where I chatted briefly with her about Philadelphia (we're both natives).  Then I stopped by  Jennifer Lynn Barnes' table to get a copy of Raised by Wolves.  And she was happy to sign an extra copy for me to give away on my blog!  I ended the day at Jeri Smith-Ready's booth where I got a copy of Shade signed (the last copy, actually).



All said, I had a great time at BEA '10 and am already looking forward to next year's event.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright by Jenna Hill (JL: An Avid Reader's Musings). Powered by Blogger.

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using stock images by Darja Tokranova, Frenta, Pichayasri, and Kamigami. Pupcat font by Typodermic Fonts.
 

Copyright by Jenna Hill (JL: An Avid Reader's Musings)