Subscribe / Follow Me

02 August 2010

The 2010 Debut Author Challenge


I'm a little late coming into this challenge since the year is half over, but I looked at the books I plan to review and decided that I wanted to participate in the 2010 Debut Author Challenge, hosted by The Story Siren.

What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?

The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year. Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site. The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!

Below is my list of books that I plan on reading and reviewing for the challenge.  Books I have already finished are linked to their reviews.
  1. Manifest - Artist Arthur
  2. Wintercraft - Jenna Burtenshaw
  3. Fortune - Megan Cole
  4. Matched - Allie Condie
  5. Nevermore - Kelly Creagh
  6. Nightshade - Andrea Cremer
  7. Personal Demons - Lisa Derochers
  8. Knightley Academy - Violet Haberdasher
  9. Tyger Tyger - Kersten Hamilton
  10. Shadow Hills - Anastasia Hopcus
  11. Firelight - Sophie Jordan
  12. The Ghost and the Goth - Stacey Kade
  13. The DUFF - Kody Keplinger
  14. Hunger - Jackie Morse Kessler
  15. Other - Karen Kincy
  16. The Ivy - Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur
  17. Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel
  18. Angel Star - Jennifer Murgia
  19. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
  20. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
  21. Bleeding Violet - Dia Reeves
  22. Return the Heart - T.K. Richardson
  23. Tweet Heart - Elizabeth Rudnick
  24. Numbers - Rachel Ward
  25. The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff

      2 comments:

      Unknown said...

      You're not the only one getting a late start on this challenge--I just joined yesterday! Awesome list. So many great debuts out there this year! I look forward to your reviews.

      Marce said...

      Great list, I will have to look and see how many books are needed for this challenge. So many great debut authors, I didn't realise I had read so many.

      I have only read Angel STar from your list.

      Post a Comment

      Copyright by Jenna Hill (JL: An Avid Reader's Musings). Powered by Blogger.

      Design Credits

      Blog designed by
      Custom Blog Designs
      using stock images by Darja Tokranova, Frenta, Pichayasri, and Kamigami. Pupcat font by Typodermic Fonts.
       

      Copyright by Jenna Hill (JL: An Avid Reader's Musings)