Subscribe / Follow Me

22 March 2010

Starting Out

So, this is my first blog post and I'm hoping those of you who have found my blog are interested in what I have to say. So read on to learn more about me and why I am starting a blog.

As you can see from my blog title, I am an avid reader. I read mostly YA fiction and although I do read other genres, I will be reviewing only MG and YA novels.

I am also a writer. I've written poetry and short stories throughout my adolescence. Up until recently, I hadn't really written anything since college, but decided to jump back into it about a year ago because it is something I really love. Right now I am working on a YA novel. I hope to finish it this year and of course, get it published.

I decided to start a blog because I wanted to share my opinions on books I have read. Each month I will review a selection of books that I have finished and feature a review of them on my blog. I welcome comments on my posts (even if you don't agree with me) because I value others opinions and like to hear reactions to my thoughts.

Well, that's all for now. I will be posting my first review in a few days, so check back to see what book I have chosen. Until then...


Read On,
JL

2 comments:

j said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I look forward to reading your reviews, and some of your own writing. :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. Funny we named our blogs the exact same thing.

Post a Comment

Copyright by Jenna Hill (JL: An Avid Reader's Musings). Powered by Blogger.

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using stock images by Darja Tokranova, Frenta, Pichayasri, and Kamigami. Pupcat font by Typodermic Fonts.
 

Copyright by Jenna Hill (JL: An Avid Reader's Musings)