Subscribe / Follow Me

06 January 2011

2011 Debut Author Challenge

The new year has rolled around and that means another Debut Author Challenge hosted by Kristi at the Story Siren. I participated last year, and while I did not review all the books I had chosen, I did make the minimum required to participate. So I'm proud of myself for that, especially since I didn't join until August 2010. And I'm excited to participate again this year.




What is the 2011 Debut Author Challenge?

The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year. The minimum number is 12, but there is no maximum! Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your reviews by posting on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, GoodReads, or any other bookish site. The challenge will run from January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011. You can join at anytime!

For more information on the 2011 Debut Author Challenge, please visit The Story Siren.



My 2011 Debut Author Book Choices
These are the books I have chosen to read and review. Once I finish and review a book, you will be able to click on the title of the book to link to my review.

  1. XVI by Julia Karr
  2. BAD TASTE IN BOYS by Carrie Harris
  3. BESTEST. RAMADAN. EVER. by Medeia Sharif
  4. BLOOD MAGIC by Tessa Gratton
  5. BORN AT MIDNIGHT (SHADOW FALLS #1) by C.C. Hunter
  6. CLARITY by Kim Harrington
  7. DARKNESS BECOMES HER (GODS AND MONSTERS #1) by Kelly Keaton
  8. DARK PARTIES by Sara Grant
  9. DIE FOR ME (REVENANTS #1) by Amy Plum
  10. DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth
  11. ENTANGLED by Cat Clarke
  12. FALLING UNDER by Gwen Hayes
  13. HOURGLASS by Myra McEntire
  14. THE IRON THORN (IRON CODEX #1) by Caitlin Kittredge
  15. THE IRON WITCH (THE IRON WITCH SAGA #1) by Karen Mahoney
  16. LUMINOUS by Dawn Metcalf
  17. THE NEAR WITCH by Victoria Schwab
  18. OyMG by Amy Fellner Dominy
  19. POSSESSION by Elana Johnson
  20. STARCROSSED (STARCROSSED #1) by Josephine Angelini
  21. STUPID FAST by Geoff Herbach
  22. VESPER (DEVIANTS #1) by Jeff Sampson
  23. WAKE UNTO ME by Lisa Cach
  24. WITHER (CHEMICAL GARDEN #1) by Lauren DeStefano
  25. WILDEFIRE by Karsten Knight


2 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

Yay! I'm thrilled POSSESSION made your list. I hope you enjoy it!

amberargyle said...

That's a pretty long list. Thanks for supporting so many debut authors. :)

Post a Comment

Copyright by Jenna Hill (JL: An Avid Reader's Musings). Powered by Blogger.

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using stock images by Darja Tokranova, Frenta, Pichayasri, and Kamigami. Pupcat font by Typodermic Fonts.
 

Copyright by Jenna Hill (JL: An Avid Reader's Musings)